Unreal Engine 4 visual "blueprints" Programmer/Design Tester
Polyfountain Media LLC specializes in 3D modeling, digital media editing and now videogame production! Our current project is a retro sci-fi flight simulator titled ‘Futuretech: Space Combat Academy,’ that is aimed for release on Steam by the end of this year.
‘Futuretech’ is a stand-alone prequel of a larger series (working title "LEGACY") in the works that shares the same universe.
I am looking for someone to help research, create, and implement dynamic game mechanics utilizing visual scripting in "blueprints" within the UE4 game engine. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet in video game development. This is an unpaid position. You will, however, receive full in-game credits, a great professional recommendation, as well as fuel for your portfolio. Former interns on this project have gone on to work for AAA gaming companies (ex. Epic Games, Treyarch) as well as some well known tech companies (ex. Google).
• Research, design, build, script, and test dynamic game mechanics/systems using Unreal Engine 4
• Understand how "blueprint" scripting fits within the overall game experience
• Communicate with other team members to design "test levels", and to explain how the levels function
• Bring "test levels" from their initial concept designs to fully implemented and testable gaming environments
• Clearly and intelligently communicate your design intent to the Creative Director
• Combine "blueprints" with 3D assets to create "pawns" that are compelling and fun to use
• Demonstrate a passion to create completed, fully functional game mechanics/systems
• Support the Creative Director in fulfilling the requirements of the project and being able to make changes in a timely manner as required
• Be able to respond positively to feedback
• Working with all disciplines on the development team making a valuable contribution to the team’s success and its members
• Carry out any additional tasks the studio may require
• Access to the Unreal Engine 4 editor and proficient knowledge of visual scripting in "blueprints" is a MUST!
• A solid grasp of and experience with multiplayer networking within Unreal Engine 4
• Possess a strong work ethic and a good internet connection
• Good understanding of design principles and construction techniques
• need to be 18 years of age or older