Polyfountain Media LLC specializes in 3D modeling, digital media editing and now videogame production! Our current project is a retro sci-fi flight simulator titled ‘Futuretech: Space Combat Academy,’ that is aimed for release on Steam by the end of this year.
‘Futuretech’ is a stand-alone prequel of a larger series (working title "LEGACY") in the works that shares the same universe.
We need a team player ready to take on the challenge of getting the word spread about us! This game will essentially obtain its funding through a future Kickstarter, so any initiative towards getting audiences interested, excited and eager to follow and eventually contribute is the goal! This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet in the social media/marketing space with a flare for video game development. This is an unpaid position. You will, however, receive full in-game credits, a great professional recommendation, as well as fuel for your portfolio. Former interns on this project have gone on to work for AAA gaming companies (ex. Epic Games, Treyarch) as well as some well known tech companies (ex. Google).
Check us out:
As a virtual intern, your primary role will be creating/managing most social media posts, conversations, online marketing/advertising campaigns, and creating visuals to accompany them. This includes finding ways to generate more followers, engaging those existing followers and coming up with ideas to entice them to back tiers in a future Kickstarter campaign.
Weekly meetings with the game director will be for brainstorming, status and project updates and assignments.
- Possess Skype or Google Hangouts for weekly meetings with the director.
- Provide links to previous marketing campaigns and/or social networking profiles, either personal, school project, or for a past company that showcase your work; Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, and Tumblr are particularly helpful!
- Eagerness to promote and market a sci-fi videogame to online communities; to work well with others in a creative virtual environment.
- Able to create engaging social media posts, blog posts, newsletters, YouTube videos, game trailers, and email updates – ESPECIALLY for an upcoming Kickstarter campaign!
- Generate and bring IDEAS for success! You’ll be listed as part of the team in game credits!
- Helpful, but not required, if knowledgeable of Adobe Creative software – to create visuals for posts. Knowledge of Excel for data collection and research also a plus.