Cheddar is a live headline and business news network. We cover the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy. CheddarU is the largest news network of its kind, reaching over 600 campuses and 7 million students, CheddarU broadcasts live Cheddar content right onto screens on college campuses.
Hundreds of thousands watch us live daily and hundreds of millions watch our videos monthly. 8 hours live a day. It is available on Sling TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, Amazon, Comcast X1, and 60% of smart tvs in the U.S.
CheddarU is looking for exceptional broadcast journalism students to be of part of the first-ever CheddarU Student Correspondent Program. This selective program will feature student’s work from around the country across all Cheddar platforms and on the Cheddar on Campus screens. This is an amazing opportunity for our future broadcast journalists to gain real world experience, have their work seen nationally as well as featuring their respective schools!
Why Cheddar is the Perfect Fit?
- Averaging 160K-450k live viewers per hour daily across all of its platforms
- Cheddar audience skews younger with more than 5.1M people ages 18-24 watching live
- Cheddar is growing quickly on social and has more than 6.7M followers across all social platforms
- In May 2018 Cheddar’s video content will have been viewed about 350M times across all platforms
- Cheddar is the #1 business news publisher in terms of video views and engagement rate on Facebook
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program at a 4-year institution
- Is capable of shooting, editing and fronting news packages
- Correspondent must be self-motivated and able to commit to deadlines
- Effective & reliable communication skills via email & mobile phone. Easily reached by CheddarU producer
- Please provide a reel, or current video work samples