London, United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity for 2-3 Fashion Students looking to start their career in the design industry.
This is a paid Student Work Placement some training will be provided, to start ASAP. Students in the London area preferred. The successful candidates will be part of a small but fun team. They will gain invaluable experience in the day to day running of a growing fashion house and will have the opportunity to be invokved in all aspects of the fashion business.
We are a growing fashion design, and print business based in North West London, and we're offering a Work Placement with us.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide support to the Design Manager and Team on day-to-day activities
- Assisting with designing prints/graphics for mens/womens fashion
- Research on Image trends on platforms such as social media & WGSN
- Create conceptual trend boards for design team & meetings
- Assist with photoshoots & set up
- Assist with creating seasonal catalogues and look books.
- Put together tech packs for factories
- Assisting with daily office tasks like preparing DHL and other small admin tasks
The ideal candidate MUST:
- Have a genuine love of fashion & print
- Be commercial in fashion design & print
- Be aware of trends; be that colour/style trends
- Proactive creativity and enthusiasm
- Have a good understanding of Photoshop & Illustrator
- Be able to plan and organise their time well
- Keen on learning new skills
- Have a good sense of humour to survive the day-to-day office life
What you will learn / we will teach you:
- You will enhance your Photoshop/Illustrator and InDesign capabilities.
- An indepth knowledge on how a multi-brand fashion house works from design to production.
- An understanding on how the design team puts together collections, for individual brands, based on trend research, and create fashion packs for the factories to develop the garments.
- The chance to build on your portfolio by, under supervision of the design manager, creating designs for many of our brands.
- An understanding of pattern construction and the fitting of garments.
Please apply with your CV, examples from your portfolio and cover letter via the application form.
- Major: Fashion Design, Design, Graphic Design
- Education Status: Any
- Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of experience: 2
- Career Level: Student
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
Are you sure you want to apply for this job?